It was so much fun to do one of these wish lists last year that I couldn’t resist making up another one this year. It’s always so hard when you start your holiday shopping to restrain from whipping out your credit card whenever you see a great sale or something you just have to have right now. Here’s a few of the items that are on my own list- and as you can see, they’re quite random. The thing they do have in common? I own none of them. Here’s your hint, people. Hint. Hint. Hint.
1) Fresh Sugar Lemon 1 oz. Eau de Parfum Spray from Sephora ($24.50 CAD). I’m one of those people that doesn’t get incredibly excited about perfume. In fact, I’ve been wearing the same one for the past five years. (It’s Very Irresistible by Givenchy if anyone cares. I’m also out of this one if anyone cares to buy it for me!) This one seems like it’s polar opposite- it’s fresh and fruity, as opposed to floral and romantic, and will probably make a great daytime scent to tide me over until the summer. (www.sephora.com)
2) Joyce Bud Vase from cb2 ($2.95 CAD). S came over the other day and commented on how he thought my apartment would have had more flowers considering I love them so much. He’s right- I do love them- and with my extensive collection of vases I don’t really have much of an excuse. This bud vase would fill a void that’s seriously lacking and is perfect for holding all those small little blooms that don’t always fit when you go to arrange your own flowers. I usually end up putting them on a shotglass in my nightstand, but I think we’re all past that whole “shotglass-on-a-nightstand” thing, right? (www.cb2.com)
3) Set of 2 Acacia 12″ Salad Severs from Crate and Barrel ($9.92 CAD). Sadly, as I discovered the other day when creating my festive fruity salad I realized at the last minute that I didn’t have anything to toss it with. These babies from Crate and Barrel are sleek and modern, not to mention well-priced. I could see myself owning these for a long time. Did I mention they would look awesome with my deep glass serving bowl? (www.crateandbarrel.com)
4) Kantha Diagonal Stripe Pillow Cover from West Elm ($24.95 CAD). I need more pillows to accompany my two pale blue ones from Pier One. They’re getting pretty lonely on our giant sectional. These would give the living room a vibrant pop of color that it desperately needs. An even better bonus? Most of the pillows from West Elm are removable zipper covers so I can throw them in the wash whenever one of the dogs has loved it a little bit too much. (www.westelm.com)
5) Pride and Prejudice Journal from Indigo ($18.00 CAD). If you know me at all then it’s no secret that Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen is probably one of my favorite books of all time. I’ve been feeling pretty stressed lately and the only thing that seems to be keeping me calm and keeping me going is writing in my journal. Let’s hope I don’t need a new one by the new year. (www.indigo.ca)
6) Measuring Headges from Anthropologie ($36.00 USD). This is seriously the most ridiculously cute thing I have ever seen. I cannot fathom actually being able to use these for fear of breaking them, or somehow tainting their cuteness. I’m pretty sure I would just stick them high up on a kitchen shelf for all the world to see and coo at them madly. (www.anthropologie.com)
7) Collage Watch in Turquoise from Anthropologie ($68.00 USD). This was the probably the sixtieth thing on the Anthropologie website that I wanted, but I had to include it on my list because it is so strange to me that I would be lusting after a watch! I’ve never been much of a watch person, and in this day and age when people use their cell phones (myself included) it seems like owning a watch is merely a status symbol, like if you have a beautiful Michael Kors,
or if you’re Flava Flav. This one is delicate and pretty and looks more like a bracelet than anything which is probably why I’m so tempted to wear it day after day after day. (www.anthropologie.com)
8) Polka Dot Crazy Socks from Old Navy ($3.99 CAD). Crazy socks are totally my thing. I have ones with cupcakes, ice cream cones and a growing collection of Hello Kitty. Because, hello? It’s Hello Kitty. She’s also a thing for me. This crazy couple will fit in nicely with my fuzzy sock family which currently consist of a pink pair and a purple pair that always mysteriously end up hidden in random places in my apartment. Doggies: I’m looking at you. (oldnavy.gapcanada.ca)
What’s on your wish list this year? I’d love to hear all about it. Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org!